You are here
Stephanie R. Thomas is a Lecturer in the Department of Economics at Cornell University. She teaches courses in microeconomics, labor economics and personnel economics. From August 2013 through June 2016, Dr. Thomas also served as the Program Director of the ILR School’s Institute for Compensation Studies, an interdisciplinary initiative that analyzes, teaches and communicates about monetary and non-monetary rewards from work. Dr. Thomas earned her Ph.D. in Economics from the New School for Social Research.
Dr. Thomas's current research interests focus on the relationship between performance pay, worker motivation and productivity. Throughout her career, Dr. Thomas has completed research on a variety of labor economics topics including wage determination, pay gaps and inequality, and the quantitative analysis of employment discrimination.
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2012. A Conversation with OFCCP Director Shiu about "Good Jobs for Everyone", The OFCCP Digest . 2(7):2.
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2012. OFCCP Proposes Utilization Goal for Disabled Individuals, The OFCCP Digest . 2(2):2.
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2011. How the OFCCP's Thirst for Data Will Impact You, The OFCCP Digest . 1(2):2.
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2010. The Changing Landscape of Compensation Equity Enforcement, Corporate Counselor .
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2010. The Gender Pay Gap: A Closer Look at the Underlying Causes, Bloomberg Law Report . 11.
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2009. Five Standards for an OFCCP-Compliant Compensation Self-Evaluation, Compensation & Benefits Review . (41).
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2008. Self-Audits as a Mechanism to Understand the How and Why of Compensation, Journal of Compensation and Benefits . 24(4).
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2008. Are Your Employees 'Fairly' Compensated? A 10-Point Inspection, Mealey's Litigation Report: Employment Law . 4(11):6.
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 2013. Compensating Your Employees Fairly: A Guide to Internal Pay Equity. New York, NY, United States: Apress / Springer Science&Business, 2013. Robert Hutchinson and Rita Fernando. (308)
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 1997. Appendix: The Postwar Empirics of the United States and the United Kingdom. in Transformational Growth and the Business Cycle. London, England: Routledge, 1997. Edward J Nell. (20)
- Stephanie R. Thomas. 1997. United Kingdom Business Cycles: Stylized Facts and the Marginal Cost / Marginal Productivity Debate. in Transformational growth and the Business Cycle. London, England: Routledge, 1997. Edward J Nell. (30)